Jan 9, 2010

x-mas with the homeless

As usual I spent december 25th as a volunteer at ALTERNATIV JUL (the alternative x-mas) which, on it's 41st year, is x-mas celebration for homeless people or simply those who don't have a place to go during x-mas.

In "Folkets Hus" in oslo lots of nice x-mas food is served, there are white cloths on the tables, a huge christmas tree, entertainment and lots of gifts.



It's a wonderful initiative, and hundreds of people come every year and are super grateful for the effort. I always have lovely conversations with people who live a completely different life than I do. And it's great to "de-mystify" issues such as drug problems and homelessness.

this year I took my younger brother and cousin (by the way, check her new styling-website http://annestinebae.com/) along.

xxx